Monday, January 25, 2010

Mini Cooper's Bad Day



This is my Mini Cooper. She's only 5 months old. Last week, she was attacked for no good reason, I can't even imagine how scared she must of been ... oh wait - yes I can. I was there, scared right along with her.

.... before Shawn and I went to bed, he heard a loud noise and looked out the window - no, it wasn't a squirrel fight, or even the crash of a bird dying in mid air and hitting Shawn's sunroof - it was a man up to his waist INSIDE MY CAR, his feet were even off the ground! Was this really happening?! Before I knew what was going on, Shawn was out the front door - no shoes or shirt on - just pajama pants, running after the vandal. Thankfully, Shawn keeps himself impressively buff and he scared the man, who jumped in his idling truck and peeled out. With broken glass all over the parking spot, and my GPS missing from the window, it was not a fun scene. We called the police, had to file a report (even ride in the back of a squad car to identify two poor hand-cuffed men that drove a similar car, but were not the vandals.) and in the morning, after only 3 hours of sleep, CSI arrived to take fingerprints. Thankfully, we realized the GPS was still dangling from its cord, and nothing was actually stolen - aside from the suction cup that stuck it to my window - seriously? The suction cup? Good luck with that.


I'm sure this bad boy will rake in $3 on the street.

1 comment:

Joe and Melody said...

Serves that burglar right! A suction cup is all he deserves. Gosh, I can't believe that. I'm just so glad y'all are safe and sound. And give Mini Cooper my best.